Emergency Plumbing Services
We have techicians working around the clock!
CALL (408) 269-1969 to talk to an emergency dispatcher.
What is considered an plumbing emergency?
Plumbing emergencies are situations where the plumbing system in a home or building suddenly fails, leading to potentially dangerous or damaging outcomes. Here are some examples of plumbing emergencies:
- Burst pipes: When a pipe bursts, water can quickly flood the area, causing significant damage to floors, walls, and other areas.
- Blocked sewer line: A blocked sewer line can cause sewage to back up into your home or building, which can be a health hazard and cause damage to your property.
- Gas leaks: A gas leak can be dangerous and even deadly. If you smell gas in your home or building, you should evacuate immediately and call the gas company or emergency services.
- Water heater failure: If a water heater fails, it can cause flooding or scalding, leading to potential injuries or property damage.
In general, any plumbing issue that requires immediate attention to prevent property damage, health hazards, or safety concerns can be considered a plumbing emergency.
What to do during a plumbing emergency
In case of a plumbing emergency, it’s important to act quickly to minimize damage and prevent potential health hazards. Here are the steps to take in case of a plumbing emergency:
- Shut off the water supply: Locate the main water valve in your home or building and turn it off to stop the flow of water.
- Turn off the electricity or gas: If the plumbing emergency involves electricity or gas, such as in the case of a gas leak or water heater failure, turn off the power or gas supply to the affected area.
- Give us a call: Our dispatcher will send a technician to address the emergency. We are available 24/7!
Take steps to prevent future emergencies: After the emergency has been addressed, consider taking steps to prevent similar emergencies from occurring in the future, such as regular maintenance and inspections of your property.
Have an emergency plumbing manual ready.
Have you ever walked your property and thought how nice it would be to have a document or booklet with all the necessary information on maintenance and emergencies? With New Pipes Property Maintenance Mapping, we offer the solution at no cost to HOA, apartment, and commercial properties. This ‘Emergency Handbook’ would serve as the go to place for plumbing emergencies.
NPI would perform an initial inspection to obtain the following information about the property to include in an Emergency Handbook:
- initial inspection of the property
- Note the location of visible sewer cleanouts
- Note locations of visible storm catch basins
- Note locations of water meters and building shut-offs
- Obtain information of water heaters (model #, serial #, age, pumps, etc…)
- Include all information for fountains and lakes (pumps, fill valves, etc…)
- Provide a digitized map noting cleanout and shut-off locations.
- Provide a report/proposal of visible issues noticed during initial assessment