We don’t ever want to think about what emergencies that will ever happen. However, you do not want to be caught off guard during an emergency plumbing situation. Plumbing emergencies could result in thousands of dollars of damage. Being able to handle an emergency effectively can save you money and save your property from further damage. If you have never thought about what you and your team would do during a plumbing emergency, we urge you to read this article and share it with your co-workers.
– Have a 5-gallon bucket: This bucket will be useful for storing your items and holding leaking water from minor leaks.
– Towels: Keep heavy-duty towels and rags kept to soak up any water.
– Tape: Tape doesn’t always fix everything, but it is very useful, especially in a plumbing emergency.
– 1 roll of duct tape
– 1 roll of electrical tape
– 1 roll of Teflon sealing tape
– Wrenches, screwdrivers and other tools: There are few things that you can fix on your own. Having wrenches and other tools are great to have handy.
– Medium sized slip joint pliers
– Adjustable wrench / Other sized wrenches
– Adjustable screwdrivers
– Build your emergency kit: If you have any questions, contact a commercial plumber.
– Shut off main water supply: If you do not know where the main water supply is, we recommend that you do not try to guess where it is. You could potentially cause more damage to your building.
– Make sure all employees know what to do: Taking time to let each employee know the steps to take in the event of an emergency.
– Know who to call: ie. Plumber, building manager
– Contact water company: If your plumbing emergencies involve a municipal water line, sewer or main drains, it may be the responsibility of the city to fix any damages.
Have Emergency Numbers Handy
– Local water company
– Facilities manager
– Maintenance manager
– Important tenants
Emergencies always happen at the most inconvenient times. It is vital that as someone that is responsible for maintaining a property/ community, to start your emergency plumbing plan now. These tips can help limit the damage done to your property saving you thousands of dollars. Do not let your plumbing emergencies situation catch you when you’re not prepared!